CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All about the babies!

So yesterday I had my growth ultrasound and my weekly NST done. All seems to be well.

The only concern is that the babies are rather large...large for a singleton baby, never mind twins.

Baby A is still transverse (head to the left) and is weighing 3 lbs 12 ozs. That puts him in the 95th percentile for a single baby.

Baby B is transverse as well (head to the left) and is weighing 3 lbs 4 ozs. That puts him in the 77th percentile for a single babies.

Twins, by nature, should be smaller. Not my guys. It appears I am giving birth to 2 monster babies. There is a larger than they like to see difference in their weights..and she said they will watch that but it's not a huge deal. She said it's not like one is big and one is small...they are both big, one is just bigger big.

I had no contractions on the monitor and I am good to go until next week.

They checked my cervix for the last time yesterday! No more internal ultrasounds! It was still over that magic little number of 3, which means it's great. They won't check it anymore because there isn't really anything they would do for it shortening now except say bedrest. And I am not having that!

After my appointments I went and did SO much baby shopping, trying to wrap up all the last minute things we need that we did not get for our shower, It was a lot, and it cost a lot of money! I used some gift cards...but no one had gotten us any gift cards to Babies R Us. I have 2 Kohls gift cards that I reallly have no use for....they don't have anything there that I could really use for the babies. Yes, they have clothes, but our guys are good for clothes for the first year. I wish I could trade them in for cash *sigh* because I spent so much at BRU....I got sheets (6) and mattress pad toppers (2) and the changing table pad and nail clippers and blankets (4) and cloth diapers for spit up and toys and so many random things that we needed...bottles, and breast milk storage bags and and and lol. But...I would to think that we are all set for now. There are probably 100 more things I will discover that we need, and the same amount of things that I want (like a twilight turtle, or one of those mama womb sound bears) but I had best make sure all our needs are met first, sadly. Money is not growing on trees for this house hold and these little guys are BREAKING the bank!

2 comments:

Marva

Hi! Sounds the babies are doing great! That is wonderful! We found with our twins that we used a lot of baby wash cloths and hooded towels. Also, the smaller lighter weight receiving blankets were very helpful. You can get those at Kohl's. Just a thought! :) Wishing you the best!

Missy

Thanks! We have a large supply of baby wash cloths...we only have about 5, maybe 6, hooded towels....and we actually only have 2 lightweight receiving blankets...I think I should pick up a pack of those! Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment