CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quick update

I think most people who have an interest in my twins now follow me on facebook, where I update far more regularly with status updates and pictures. So I may not update here quite as frequently, but I do want to be able to jot down important facts here!

Yesterday I took the boys to the doctors. Blake weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces and Luke was 6 pounds 7 ounces. Both are now on the charts, Blake is in between 2-3 % and Luke is 2%...

We went to the doctors because it seemed like the boys were having a lot of pain/gas and were uncomfy and kicking their little legs and grunting and moaning and just not comfortable.

The doctor assured me they were fine and said that babies cry and kick because really that is all they know how to do. She took us off the 22 calorie preemie formula and we are on enfamil gentlese now to try...the babies are getting about 60% breastmilk and 40% formula...the numbers change now that they are eating a bit more...

We are still working on nursing...if I can get one or both to nurse then my milk supply will come back up...it's frustrating because I want them on all breastmilk, but even on my beszt day, I can't pump enough. Today Blake nursed twice, once for 25 mins and once for 20 mins...and only needed 1 ounce of breastmilk in the bottle...so I was really happy...we are going to keep working on it but I really hope now that they are growing it will get easier...Blake still gets tired from nursing, and it isn't as smooth and easy yet as it should be...but I am hopeful.

I think that is it for now. I am tired..and emotional...and often find myself doubting my abiolity to do all that needs doing and to be a good mom. It's a struggle sometimes, but my boys are so amazing, I wouldn't change it for the world. Sleep will come, and laundry will wait. it's hard for me to comprehend that, but my babies come first. We have been doing a lot of snuggling and it's amazing...

3 comments:

From Alwarpet to Atlanta and back to Alwarpet

You are awesome for devoting to nursing them. It's not easy with twins. My twins are three weeks old today. Looking fwd to their first doc visit next week. I would like to follow you on facebook if that's ok with you. How do I find you? I also update facebook more than the blog and think it would be nice since our twins are a week apart :-) take care...

Marva

You are doing great!!!! Keep it up! God gave them to YOU for a reason.....He knew you would be a great Mom!!!! Yes, the laundry waits, believe it or not! LOL I found out the hardway! ;) I also would like to follow you on facebook. I update more there as well. You can find me as Marva Hazelrig McRae or email me at blessedfrugalness@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Tristan

your doing great!! just keep it up!

Post a Comment