CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

update!

Time sure has flown and I know I have neglected my blog something terrible. I figure most of you who want to keep up with my life are now following me on facebook, where I post several times a day and flood it with pictures of my little men..but I still want to post on here to remember things.

The boys are a few days shy of 5 months old...we have a great schedule going and it has gotten much easier. The first 3.5 months were rough...like, really rough..lack of sleep, no schedule and just trying to get a shower each day was a challenge. My guys were in a row nappers..one would nap at a time and they would take turns, I always had a baby awake and never got anything done.

When they hit 4 months, I said no more..we need a schedule and I worked hard and now we are on an awesome one.

They wake around 7am (yes, I would prefer later but it is what it is)
Have a bottle around 8ish
Nap about 2 hours later so around 9am, for one hour.
Wake at 10:00 - get up, change diapers, play for a few
My husband and I feed the boys "breakfast" at around 10:30 - cereal and a fruit or veggie
We play until 12:00, have bottles and they go down for a 2 hour nap
They wake and then we have our hard core play time, pull out all the toys and just stimulate!
Bottles sometime between 3 and 3:30
They take a short 45 minute cat nap around 4-4:15..
Are awake by 5:15...we get up, both boys get a bath, watch a little TV while the other gets his, and get all lotioned up and jammified...
We do bedtime bottles around 6:30...bed at 7pm....

Soon, we will be adding another solids feeding, probably after their cat nap and pushing bedtime bottles back a little bit..

But this schedule works well, and we all know what to expect.

The boys are doing wonderful..at their 4 month check up Luke weighed 15.5 pounds and was 23 3/4 inches long...in the 60th percentile! Such a HUGE gain from his 2 month check up where he weighed around 9 pounds ( I would have to go back and look) and was in the 2nd percentile.

Blake weighed 13.5 pounds and was 24 inches long...he is so much lighter than his brother! 2 pounds between them! He was in the 20th percentile.

I had to go out and buy some 9 month summer clothes to get through the rest of the summer!

We started solids about 7-10 days after they turned 4 months...we are doing one new thing every 3-4 days, so far they have had banana, peas and prunes...going to do a orange veggie next...they are doing well now but at first they didn't quite get it.

Sleep is going REALLY well...for a few weeks now Blake sleeps 9-11 hours at night eats and goes back to bed and the last 3 days Luke has only woken once as well, but closer to the 6 hour mark...I know the full night is close, and it is encouraging that they are doing so well. My husband still does any feedings that happen before 4 am and I go from 4 am on...usually Luke needs to bed fed by him and Blake by me.

The boys are giggling and smiling up a storm. Every where we take them people comment on how happy and non-crying they are, it makes me feel good. OUr boys are very good natured and really only cry when hungry or tired.

Their reflux is still in full force, they are on prevacid solutabs twice a day....

The boys are in size 2 diapers, size 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes...we broke out the excersaucer and jumperoo this month and they love love their playmat still. My little Luke makes the happiest of squeals all day long..he loves to look at his mobile and talk to them...Blake loves sleep and goes to bed a lot easier than Luke...I usually go in twice before Luke will fall asleep.

These boys are full of love, and loved beyond belief...I hope I can convey to them how much love I have for them...I sure try with all the kisses and smoothering I give them!

1 comments:

Jenn

I got your email on my blog about the cloth diapering, I'd be happy to tell you more! Basicaly, a freind of mine (the one who got us hooked), is part of an online forum, and they ordered (as a co-op) directly from China. It took me about 3 weeks to get the diapers in, but for the amount we saved, I was willing to patient!. E-mail me lovemarriagecarriage (at) gmail (dot) com, and I can let you know more. Also, I think they are ordering again within the next few weeks, so if you are interested, I can let you know.

Post a Comment